Only one more sleep…June 10, 2009
Hey loyal visitors to 11th ave. This month’s issue is almost ready to pull from the oven. It’ll be frosted by June 11th, bright and early, but in the meantime, whet yr whistle on these teasers:
- Montreal writer, critic and black-metal and B-movie enthusiast Al Kratina submits to the Proust Questionnaire 5.0.
- Fellow Montreal writer and editor Jordan Zivitz spins the YouTube turntable with three great musical numbers, from Dylan, Waits and Sonseed.
- I submit, for your tolerance if not approval, a short story, plus links to certifiably excellent examples of the form.
- The shrinking violet of herbs, tarragon, gets some love in this month’s recipe.
- And I crush a little on NYT food writer Mark Bittman.
Drop by tomorrow. More fun than finding $5 in the summer jacket you just pulled from the back of the closet.