July edition: Mary Lamey, Nick Cave, Frank Sinatra, Havana and ice creamJuly 11, 2009
Welcome to the July edition of the webzine 11th ave, which includes a couple of changeups. Oh yeah. Fourth edition and already it’s time for a makeover. But that’s how I roll. Try to keep up. Here’s a rundown of the bounty in this issue. (Mother: Click on the links or just keep scrolling.)
- Mary Lamey gets serious. Except when she’s not. She’s this month’s Proust Questionnaire 5.0 victim.
- The resident deejay at 11th ave. spins tunes with an Aussie … Oh, why bother with the charade? In this month’s sountracking, Jordan Zivitz has found another way to write about Nick Cave.
- I got nothing in terms of my own original writing this month. 11th ave giveth and it taketh away. So I turned to my close personal friend Gay Talese. The fine print is a new feature at 11th ave that will showcase excellent writing from other people. In the debut outting, the fine print features the classic 1966 Gay Talese essay Frank Sinatra Has a Cold.
- Another new feature is snap, which will showcase photographs. This month’s snap comes from the Havana waterfront.
- The food categories have been trimmed to one. Food blog of the month is taking a break. But the recipe feature read, cook, eat is back and it’s delivering on a sweet promise: five-minute ice cream.
Enjoy and thanks for dropping by.