August edition: inspiration, salvation, tomatoes and Gaylene DempseyAugust 11, 2009
There is no time of the year more suited to spending time on 11th ave than August, when the sun is high and so are the waves. Only this is 2009, so there is little sun in Sandy Hook, Manitoba and the waves took huge chunks out of the log-pole piers along the southwestern edge of Lake Winnipeg.
Well, 11th ave magazine is here and the weather is always perfect.
In this month’s edition:
- Proust Q 5.0 this month is Gaylene Dempsey, rock chick turned “hope dealer.”
- The snap finds Johnny Cash Jr. in Winnipeg Beach, confronting a Whispering Giant.
- Soundtracking with Jordan Zivitz will inspire you one way or the other.
- Original writing is poetry, but poetry that’s good for you. Not that high-fructose crap you get at the chain grocery store.
- And the read, cook, eat recipe is in praise of tomatoes, simply. The condiment is Hellmann’s. No exeptions.
— Denise Duguay