March 2010 edition: Jordan Zivitz, Flanken Soup, SXSW, Nuit Blanche and a photo gallery that phones it inMarch 11, 2010
Absence — or at least the one-month break I took in February — has made the heart grow even fonder of this enterprise, that being trying to come up with a few things to amuse you on the 11th of every month most months.
It’s also filled me with gratitude. Not least for the poor sap whose Google search-word combo landed him at the 11th ave blogzine. This month’s lucky search-word combo is:
“sunshine girl winnipeg massage.”
All those late-night hours tagging Jordan Zivitz’s excellent musical entries and my poetry and other people’s thoughtful autobiographical answers to the Proust Questionnaire 5.0 have apparently paid off in big, eclectic spades.
So a special big hello to “sunshine girl winnipeg massage”. You’ve found your tribe.
Now then, what’s up this month?
- Jordan Zivitz, whose soundtracking feature anchors most editions of 11th ave, this month submits to the Proust Questionnaire 5.0.
- “Chicken soup with a pork chop in it”? Not quite, but almost as good. read, cook, eat looks up some Flanken Soup.
- A black-and-white film about love and special effects in the new film series clip.
- How you can pretend that you’re among indie bands and filmmakers and digital media pioneers. Almost. That’s this month’s soundtracking.
- And phoning in a photo gallery, in the photo feature snap.
And thanks for coming back. I missed you like mad.
— Denise Duguay